DIALOGUE – Center for Deliberative Democracy has started the project titled as ‘Impact Assessment of the regulation on the use of languages’. The project will be implemented as part of the two-year project ‘Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA) in the Shadow: Fostering evidence-based policy making’, financed by the European Union and run by the Institute for Democracy ‘Societas Civilis’- Skopje and the Center for Economic Analyses.
The main objective of the project is to influence the implementation of the RIA mechanism by the relevant institutions in the case of the proposed legislative solution for the use of languages, through timely consultations with stakeholders in the planed public policy.
The specific project objectives are:
- assessment of the administrative, financial and human capacities of the institutions involved in the implementation of the proposed regulation;
- assessment of the public opinion for the need of such regulation;
- inclusion of the civil society in the public policy making processes.
The project objectives shall be met through monitoring and research activities in the period of February-October 2018 on the territory of Republic of Macedonia, and the final beneficiaries are the citizens of Macedonia.
The following activities are projected:
- An initial desk-analysis for the proposed regulation and monitoring of the RIA process for the proposed Law on the use of languages;
- Analysis of the effects of the regulation on the key stakeholders (citizens, civil society organizations and public institutions).
- Preparation of a final study/document for public policies and,
- Promotion of the final study and debate on the topic.
DIALOGUE have supported the public reaction regarding the lack of preparation of RIA for the Law on the use of languages by part of the Network for better legislation – ‘RIA Network’, and the sub-granting organizations of the project ‘Regulatory Impact Assessment in the Shadow: Fostering evidence-based policy making’.
The project is currently in the first phase of research design/strategy and the initial analysis and monitoring of the process of RIA regarding the Law on the use of languages. This stage shall be concluded by the end of March 2018.